Thursday, August 13, 2009

Easier said then done..

Weight 158lbs
Yesterday I had my 33 week (almost 34 week) Doctors appointment.
I told my midwife that I had been experiencing occasional mild cramps in my pelvic region and when I am on my feet for too long (i.e. shopping) I would experience these pains starting in my lower back. She decided to go ahead and check me and I am already 1cm dilated. She also told us that the baby’s head is down which is good of course. I was supposed to go back in two weeks for my group b strep test but she pushed it up to next week since I tend to deliver early she just wants to make sure we have everything done and this baby is as healthy as can be. I was told I have to stay off my feet for the next two weeks so basically I have to lie in bed which is easier said than done. Especially when you have two other kids, although it helps that Carl has started school again and is there most of the day. Still I occasionally get up to get something to eat or of course use the bathroom and check things on the computer. Lucas has told me I am no longer allowed to make dinner which is nice because that is when I often felt the worst. There were times my back and legs got so sore I had to just sit on the kitchen floor and then figure out how I was going to get back up. Thankfully Lucas and I have already gotten most of our stuff ready for the baby. We cleaned blankets, towels, basinet bedding and clothes. We bought one package of pampers saddlers which feel so soft and smell good too (I think Lucas thought I was nuts when I had him smell pampers diapers compared to the huggies) Last night Lucas washed the infant car seat cover and cleaned off the stroller. We also got our swing the Graco sweetpeace center that I have mentioned in a previous post on here. Carl has started second grade which is hard to believe he is growing up so fast but I am thankful he has started school again I think he really enjoys it too. Calvin will be starting preschool 3 days a week at the beginning of September. This will be nice as it will allow me to have one on one time with the baby those mornings. We went to the Douglas county fair last week and had a good time there we just walked around looked at animals, and ate not so healthy for you carnival food. I didn’t get any funnel cake because they had eaten most of it by the time I got back but I did purchase funnel cake fries from Schwan’s the other day. Well I have to keep this brief since I can’t be up for too long. I just wanted to give an update on myself and the baby.
Oh yeah and one final bit of good news Lucas will be graduating with a 4.0 GPA I’m really proud of him to be able to work full time, go to school and help raise a family with one baby on the way is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment